I have many, many people who ask me the same question, "What is the age limit for improving your brain?" It's a crying shame to me that there seems to be some need for an "age limit" at all. So now let me participate in the killing of this myth! There is no age limit---never too young, never too old.
So what are these "brain stimulating activities" everyone is talking about? Here are the ones I recommend:
- Running/walking http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/running-relieve-brain-fog-2943.html
- Yoga http://www.runnersworld.com/health/study-yoga-sharpens-brain-function
- Bicycling www.pedalingforparkinsons.org
- Reading http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/opinion/sunday/the-neuroscience-of-your-brain-on-fiction.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
- Good Nutrition (This is a post for another day!)
- Good computer programs----this one is my favorite (and I don't make $ from telling you about it) https://brainhq.positscience.com/default/start
- Take a class on Brain Development! http://parentswithpurpose.com/seminar.html#sthash.DvkPwiUQ.dpbs
So there is the equation, plain and simple---MOVE a lot, EAT WELL, READ, WRITE, do INTERESTING and VARIED activities!
And here is the key: KEEP DOING IT UNTIL YOU DIE!!! Don't decide that you're just too tired or too old for new and interesting activities. There is no age limit. Your brain wants and NEEDS you to keep variety and movement and stimulation in your life. You will never regret making these investments in yourself.